PhpBB installation in a few steps
PhpBB CMS is the famous template of forum with open source, which was written in the programming language PHP. Its setting is quite simple and if to observe the guidance you’ll manage to do this in a few clicks.
Creation of a website
Enter the hosting cPanel and type the username and password. Go to the “Sites”.
In the line “New site” write domain name and press “Create”. Further agree with all the proposed rules. Please mention that you can create the name by pressing the relevant button on the cPanel.
Further, proceed to the tab “Management” and there find the line with the domain name. It’s time to check the correctness of the following characteristics that have been set:
– On the contrary of the “encode access” should be a combination of utf-8;
– “usage.htaccess” – on.
Go to the tab “module management” and confirm the activation of PHP 5.2.10. After this selection a new block with possible extensions of the module will open. Now it’s time to attach the following formats:
Don’t forget to save the changes.
Next, move to the settings. Below are the denotations that are to be installed in the table:
1. Use of global variables GET, POST, Cookie, Off.
2. To work with URL as with files — on.
3. Safe mode — Off.
4. Memory capacity— 64M.
Open access to MySQL
To get the password for the MySQL open block DBMS /Users, find in the list the corresponding name and press “Change password”. Rewrite the specified combination.
Next, in block DBMS/Bases generate a new database and note the “use for CMS work”. Check the rights. There should be allowed reading and modifying the records and control of all tables.
In the block server/Access control/FTP/FTP User choose the necessary user and click on “Change password” to rewrite the data.
Download phpBB3, connect to FTP hosting. Next, go to the folder %site name%/docs, and remove from there file “index.html” and load the extracted data from the distribution folder to the folder docs.
Next, adhere strictly to the instructions:
1. Open your website.
2. Run phpBB3 and proceed to setup, read info, go ahead.
3. Start with the setting.
4. Next, enter the following data:
– data type “MySQL”;
– name of the database server or DSN “login.mysql”;
– port of the database server 3306;
– database “Name”;
– database user “Name”;
– password to the database “Password” and click continue.
5. In the emerged window fill in all fields with passwords and addresses and push next.
6. Wait until you see the “Configuration file is written” and then press next.
7. Write down the essential data and check the degree of fullness of the configured information. Click next.
At this stage, the setup ends. In the administration panel push enter button. Please note, for the conference work be sure to remove the folder called %site name%/docs/install.